Welcome from the Headteacher
I hope you find our website informative, but I would be more than happy to answer any further questions you may have. Banstead Comminity Junior School is a 3 form entry Junior School, ages 7 to 11, which prides itself on promoting an excellent education for the pupils both inside and outside the classroom.
The School aims to provide a broad and balanced education so that all pupils at the end of their time here have the opportunity to succeed. For instance we have a very successful choir and dance club who perform both in school and at outside events. Our sports teams are consistently winning events in: Netball, Football, Cricket and District Sports.
When the children leave Banstead Community Junior School we aim for them to:
- become life-long learners whose thirst for knowledge has been nurtured by an exciting and creative curriculum
- become adaptable, tolerant, independent and self-motivated learners
- become self-confident communicators who have learned to express themselves through a range of participative media: writing, speaking and listening, Computing and the creative arts
- lead healthy and physically active lives through a broad and balanced curriculum
- become resilient, self-disciplined, well-motivated and independent young people who are equipped with essential life skills of self-confidence, self-esteem and self-respect enabling them to inter-act positively
- become citizens of the future who have developed a strong respect, understanding and tolerance of others through active citizenship, engagement with the wider community and a positive awareness of cultural, ethnic and religious diversity.